Guiding You Through Divorce And Protecting Your Interests
- Child custody, visitation and modifications — We provide solutions that allow you to nourish your relationship with your children despite parting ways with your spouse.
- Child support — We ensure that child support agreements are fair and provide for the needs of the child.
- Spousal support — Our lawyers help to ensure that any spousal support orders are fair and help the dependent spouse get back on his or her feet.
- Division of assets — We work with skilled experts to provide accurate and equitable division of all property, including high net worth divisions.
- Paternity and parental rights — Our firm is committed to protecting your rights as a parent, ensuring that your child is granted a healthy relationship with both parents.
- Adoptions — We are honored to help families grow through stepparent adoption.
- Mediation — Our firm provides the appropriate type of dispute resolution, mediating matters whenever possible.
- Guardianships — We provide representation in proceedings to appoint a guardian for the protection of a minor.
Morna came into my life when I was at the lowest point I had ever been. I had just had my first baby, my marriage had fallen apart, and I needed an attorney. A friend who had experience in the court system recommended Morna.
From our initial consultation, it was very clear that we were meant to work together. I had worked with one other attorney at this point in my life and was expecting a similar experience – fact finding and business-oriented. My experience with Morna was different. She never made me feel rushed – it always felt like I was setting the pace. Morna answered my questions and concerns completely, honestly, respectfully, and always from the perspective of what was in the best interest of my child. When we had to go to court or respond to hurtful and untrue attacks, she would help me to take the high road. The thing that I respect the most about Morna is her honesty. In our meetings, in the courtroom, any setting that I dealt with her, she was always truthful. She made me stronger by being honest with me – by helping me understand what to expect and our plan for moving forward.
I remember one day asking her when my custody issues would get easier. She replied to me that he probably would never change, the thing that would change would be me. I would get stronger. That phone call changed me. In that moment it was the last thing I wanted to hear, but as time has gone by I realize she was totally right. I have become stronger. Things with my custody will probably always be difficult, but now -they don’t devastate my day/week/month anymore. It’s just what it is, I deal with it and move forward with my life.
Morna will forever remain one of my driving forces from the beginning. When things felt hopeless – I knew I could rely on her guidance. Alongside a few trusted family members, she helped me to grow and become a mom who did the best she could do with the given situation. To anyone who is facing a challenging battle with family/marriage/custody issues, I highly recommend my respected friend, Morna Challoner.
Morna and her staff did a wonderful job getting me through my divorce. They were always available and kept the process moving forward, even when I was completely stuck.
Morna and her team were absolutely wonderful in helping me navigate thru the legal process of the divorce. After working with a previous attorney and not getting very much accomplished, I went to Morna for help. She helped me file the necessary paperwork and took the stress from me. In a relatively short time I was able to move on with my life and felt the divorce process was as fair as possible. Thank you so much to Morna and her team for making this challenging time in my life a great outcome. I would definitely recommend her services. I felt that her fees were reasonable and it was easy to communicate with her.
Hope this helps.
Thanks again for all your help. See you soon.